Dedicated to training health care professionals both locally and nationally in assessing and treating substance use disorders.
There is a diverse range of settings for trainees to develop clinical skills. The following programs are clinical placements for our fellows to gain comprehensive clinical experience with patients with substance use disorders:
• The New York State Psychiatric Institute, Division on Substance Abuse
• Substance Treatment and Research Service
• The Addiction Institute of New York (St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital) Inpatient Detoxification Unit, Outpatient Rehabilitation Program, Inpatient Rehabilitation Program, Methadone Program and Comprehensive Addictions Program for Adolescents
• New York-Presbyterian Hospital Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Unit, Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, and the Substance Abuse Consultation Services
• Phoenix House Therapeutic Community